Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,439 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Did you ditch unlimited to get a discount iphone 5?
bodean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get lured in with the discount pricing, and loose your UNLIMITED DATA PLAN, or did you pay full price to perserve your unlimited data plans?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Did you ditch unlimited to get a discount iphone 5?
NDIrish4523
Enthusiast - Level 2

ditched unlimited.. I never went over 2 gigs of data in any month of my service, so for me, the Unlimited Plan isn't any different than 2 gigs..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NDIrish4523
Enthusiast - Level 2

ditched unlimited.. I never went over 2 gigs of data in any month of my service, so for me, the Unlimited Plan isn't any different than 2 gigs..

0 Likes
kcb77
Enthusiast - Level 3

I left mine because I rarely go over 2gb... and the other iPhones on my family plan rarely go near 1gb.  With the shared plan, I can share data and get tethering for around the same price as just data before.

0 Likes
bodean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seeing how data usage will definitely go up with 4G (higher bitrate streams, etc) and being on an individual plan who doesn't share with someone else, or another device...not sure if there is a benefit to a shared plan.

0 Likes
soodyhoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had unlimited and swore to never change. After hearing about the 4G stipulation, I was mad but then came to terms with the fact that Verizon is going to constantly set up road blocks like this one and I will tire of circumventing them. I reviewed my past few bills and discovered I rarely go over 2GB (we were being throttled with unlimited anyway to make sure we had a tough time going too far over in a month), so I made the switch. Not happy about it, just accepted it. If there was another provider, this 10+ yr customer would be gone in a flash.  <Comment deleted per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can NEVER be throttled if you rare go over 2GB on 3G, and you don't get throttled if you are on 4G.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I didn't. I don't have a family share plan so no one else's data usage mattered...and I don't currently have a need to share on multiple devices...I felt that selling my iPhone 4s would offset the difference enough to make it more worth it to me to pay full retail instead of losing my unlimited data. I travel often enough that I wouldn't want to have months of overage due to having a limited plan.

0 Likes
bct1984

Did you get the hotspot tethering to work? I wanted this as well but It tells me to call VZW or go online.

0 Likes
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

lol what fools. people saying they never went over 2gb while on 3g.

well of course the 3g network is slow as molasses.  have fun paying overages or looking for free wifi at malls coffee shops. dept stores  etc etc

wait verizon now have usage controls??? and they charge 5 bucks a month for a service thats hould had been free.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

One could always go to Sprint or some other carrier or not even use a smart phone period.

0 Likes