Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,313 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Differences from Android
EddieW1

Since I switched to a used IPhone SE from Samsung I noticed three differences and I would like to know if these are the same with all IPhones, including the new SE.  

My Hotspot is no longer functional.  Grey rather than black in my settings.

I can receive and send pictures only when data is turned on and not when on WiFi.

I am notified of and able to check voice mail only when data is turned on and not when on WiFi.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Differences from Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Switching to something new can be a learning curve for sure, EddieW1. What do you mean when you say your hotspot is no longer functional, please elaborate? The hotspot is accessible in all current iPhones. Can you not toggle it on? With regard to your second question, and to confirm, you can't send or receive picture messages(MMS) if the mobile data is turned off while you are connected to Wi-Fi, is that correct?  Lastly, you should still be able to checl your voicemail if data is turned on while connected to Wi-Fi as well. 

JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
EddieW1
Joey, 

Hotspot:  There is no toggle to turn on.  I click on Personal Hotspot in settings and it goes to a screen that says Allow others to join and a toggle for that.  No on/off.

Pictures:  Yes, can not send or receive pictures with WiFi, only with data.  

Voice mail: Yes, only works with data, not with WiFi.  With Samsung, voice mail worked without data or WiFi, as long as I had cell service.

I want to get answers for these questions since I am interested in the new Iphone SE, but not if my issues are unique to all Iphones.

Thanks, Ed
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for giving us those details about your iPhone.

Let’s make sure your mobile / cellular data is working. First, turn off Wi-Fi, and then try to browse the internet or use an app that requires a data connection, like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Were you able to browse the internet or use the app successfully? 

If you toggle off Mobile data and use only Wi-Fi, are you able to browse the internet or use the app successfully? 

VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
EddieW1

I do both these things all the time and they have never been a problem 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details. Next, we want to access your account and get you authenticated. I will send you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes