Disappointed in Verizon
athens4119

Verizon sends me a new IPhone 6s 128 GB that is defective. They agree it is defective. They refuse to send a working replacement phone to my address without charging me a fee. Are you kidding me?  Terrible service for a 16 year customer. Shame on you Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disappointed in Verizon
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Never heard of Verizon charging you to replace a defective device under warranty. Are you dealing with a Verizon store and if so is it a corporate store or an authorized retailer? Also, if it is defective you can go through Apple directly. If you have an Apple Store in your area they will replace it on the spot assuming the issue is covered under warranty or truly is a defect. If you don't have a store in your area you can contact Apple via phone or website and they will give you your options for replacing the phone under warranty.

athens4119

I hadn't either. Went through Verizon direct number. Spoke to numerous supervisors.  They should be ashamed. Will post this every place I can think of.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You should call back and ask you speak to a supervisor. Unless they are saying they will have to temporarily charge you a security amount until they receive the defective phone back. They may be requiring that if they will send you a replacement before receiving the defective one. Apple has started doing that for express replacements where they will overnight you a replacement device and give you 10 days to return the defective one. The charge is temporary and in some cases may be waived but you would need to talk to them. It's a guarantee that you return the other device and assurance that if the device received is deemed to have issues not covered under warranty that they haven't been duped into replacing a device for free that did not qualify for replacement. Either way, contact Verizon again and clarify what the charge is for or contact Apple and check your options.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi athens4119!
Your 16 years of loyalty are greatly appreciated and I’m here to help! Let’s look into this. What fee was advised? What was the amount of the fee? Are you looking to exchange a device purchased within the last 14 days for the same/make and model?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes