Do I have to pay to upgrade my device?
BROWNMIRANDA50

If I am ready for an upgrade on my iPhone, do I have to pay for it if it is a newer model of an iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrades
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. You either pay for a device using a Device Payment Plan (independent from the service cost), or you pay for it in the form of a contract, where the cost of your device is baked into your service cost, or you pay flat out retail. Devices, especially Apple devices, retail for a minimum of $400 for the iPhone SE, and $550 minimum for an iPhone 6S, and Verizon will not bite the full cost of such a device. But they might cut you a small discount. Only a small one.

My recommendation: If you plan to upgrade, please do not do so now. Q3 is the worst time to upgrade. Your desired device from Apple will be replaced in a month by Apple with the iPhone 7*. This means the older devices will become cheaper, and the modern devices will be available for one year until they are refreshed again. More mileage for your money, you know?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes.  Phones are not free.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. You either pay for a device using a Device Payment Plan (independent from the service cost), or you pay for it in the form of a contract, where the cost of your device is baked into your service cost, or you pay flat out retail. Devices, especially Apple devices, retail for a minimum of $400 for the iPhone SE, and $550 minimum for an iPhone 6S, and Verizon will not bite the full cost of such a device. But they might cut you a small discount. Only a small one.

My recommendation: If you plan to upgrade, please do not do so now. Q3 is the worst time to upgrade. Your desired device from Apple will be replaced in a month by Apple with the iPhone 7*. This means the older devices will become cheaper, and the modern devices will be available for one year until they are refreshed again. More mileage for your money, you know?

0 Likes