Do I need to get a new iPad?
ehp85

I have tried everything including a hard reset which would not work due to the dead battery. I took my device to Verizon where they told me I should bring it to the Apple Store. I took my iPad to an Apple Store where they told me that I had to replace my iPad with a new one. Is there anything I can do to fix the charging problem or is my iPad junk?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My iPad Air 2 will not charge and the battery is completely dead.
Tidbits
Legend

If Apple says it needs to be replaced it needs to be replaced. You can try and find 3rd party places but the repair could cost as much as buying a new one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ehp85, we certainly want you to be able to enjoy your iPad Air 2. Let’s get this fixed right away. When did this start? When was the last time the device was fully charged?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ehp85

This started on Monday, April 4. The last time it had a full charge was around 6:00 am that morning. The iPad won't even recognize the charger. When I plug it in, the battery symbol pops up along with the little picture of the charging cord to indicate that I need to plug it in; but it never charges.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If Apple says it needs to be replaced it needs to be replaced. You can try and find 3rd party places but the repair could cost as much as buying a new one.

0 Likes