Do I need to use the new SIM card to activate my device?
kpc2garner

I am upgrading my iPhone 5S to iPhone 7.  The new iPhone 7 came with a new SIM card, do I need to use the new SIM card or can I use the SIM card in my iPhone 5S?  If I need to use the new SIM card, why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 7 SIM card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new device is always an exciting time, kpc2garner. All new devices do come with a new pre-installed SIM card, and different phones can have different SIM cards as well. I was able to look up both devices and the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 7 use the same SIM card, so you can use your old SIM card in your new phone. Was there a specific reason you didn’t want to use the new SIM card?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 SIM card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new device is always an exciting time, kpc2garner. All new devices do come with a new pre-installed SIM card, and different phones can have different SIM cards as well. I was able to look up both devices and the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 7 use the same SIM card, so you can use your old SIM card in your new phone. Was there a specific reason you didn’t want to use the new SIM card?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes