Double Data Deal
haze4evr

So Verizon is rolling out a double data deal starting today.  Pay for 2gb and you actually get 4gb for the same price.  Pay for 5gb and you get 10, etc... This is for new and existing customers, but there's a catch.  It is for 4G phones only.  I just signed up for a new two year agreement in order to get the new iPhone 4s, but alas... it is only 3G. So how upset do you think I am paying the same amount for data as a 4G phone owner, but only getting half as much data?  Pretty upset.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Double Data Deal
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

haze4evr wrote:

So Verizon is rolling out a double data deal starting today.  Pay for 2gb and you actually get 4gb for the same price.  Pay for 5gb and you get 10, etc... This is for new and existing customers, but there's a catch.  It is for 4G phones only.  So how upset do you think I am paying the same amount for data as a 4G phone owner, but only getting half as much data?  Pretty upset.

you had the choice to get a 4g phone

its not vzws fault that apple wont produce one yet

0 Likes
haze4evr

Kind of missed the point there bud... there is no difference between a customer paying for data for a 4G phone or a customer paying for data for a 3G phone.  We're both customers paying for the same data plan, but they've chosen to discriminate against a large group of those customers based on their phone preference.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

haze4evr wrote:

Kind of missed the point there bud... there is no difference between a customer paying for data for a 4G phone or a customer paying for data for a 3G phone.  We're both customers paying for the same data plan, but they've chosen to discriminate against a large group of those customers based on their phone preference.

there is a diff

iirc 4g users can also get unlimted hotspot for $30 a month under a promo

its called a promotion

its used to sell things

verizon has them all the time

heck at one point you got free hotspot on a palm device, just to sell them

0 Likes
haze4evr

So what you're saying is that if they offered an unlimited data plan to all new customers that purchase the Razor... you'd be fine with that... because it's a promotion?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

haze4evr wrote:

So what you're saying is that if they offered an unlimited data plan to all new customers that purchase the Razor... you'd be fine with that... because it's a promotion?

sure why not

i already have my unlimted plan

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

almost forgot, im on a promo plan

i get my wifes line for $20, that includes unlimted data, unlimited text, and sharing of my 1400min

and my line is $120 for unlimited data, and texts

so what would normaly be 90+10 fot he lines, then 30+30 for the data and 30 for the texting, total is 190, i pay 140

$50 off

0 Likes
haze4evr

Well thank you for clearing that up for me.  This situation doesn't even apply to you, which helps explain your previous answers. 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

and people are never happy

if you keep waiting for the perfect deal, you will always be disapointed

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

haze4evr wrote:

Well thank you for clearing that up for me.  This situation doesn't even apply to you, which helps explain your previous answers. 

How'd you get a 550 minute family plan? I want that. How can Verizon discriminate against me?

0 Likes