Dropped VZN Wifi Calls -- HELP?!?!?!?!?!
Bagman2017
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am about to lose my mind.  I have been fighting this issue for almost a year.

I live in a poorly served area for Verizon Wireless.  To compensate, I use VZN Wifi calling.  These WiFi calls drop CONSTANTLY. 

I have gone to "data only"... I have disabled "Wifi assist"... everything!!!!

I checked my internet connections and speeds/quality.... 200m down, 30m up... 88% quality.

I replaced my modem/router.  no change. 

I put a ticket into Verizon and they said they would investigate.  They did, and "it's Comcast's issue".  I spoke with Comcast, they ran tests and they say "it's a Verizon issue". 

I cam caught in the middle with countless calls dropping and "Call Failed". 

Can anyone assist???

Labels (1)
Re: Dropped VZN Wifi Calls -- HELP?!?!?!?!?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@BAGMAN2017 Thanks for reaching out to us. Having dropped calls is something we don't want you to experience. Please respond to our private message.

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bassface
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you're in an area that has both a Wi-Fi network and a weak cellular signal, sometimes your Wi-Fi calls will fail. Looks like it’s a result of the phone trying to connect to the cellular network instead of sticking with Wi-Fi

A solution that has worked for me is to disable the cellular option. It’s a bit clunky but has worked out pretty good so far. Using the iPhone Control Center (accessed by swipping up from the bottom of screen - adjusted in Settings > Control Center):

1. Turn on Airplane Mode (to prevent the phone from being able to use cellular)
  2. Then I turn Wi-Fi back on. Cellular is now Off, Wifi On
0 Likes
LUVINLANIE2

Care to share the BIG secret w the rest of us???

0 Likes
Salinasc1

I have the same problem on a Galaxy S8. No reception at my house, so I use wifi calling. Wifi calling works fine but will disconnect randomly when I'm talking.  Ut will also not stay connected when I'm not using it. I have done a factory reset and still does not work 

0 Likes