Dropped calls, no service, excessive data usage, extremely low battery life
aliviadomek

Ever since downloading the new update all my calls are dropped, I have no service anywhere I never get over three circles anywhere and when making a call it will instantly drop to lower service, my phones battery is quickly drained. my phone has been using excessive amounts of data, even while at home on wifi. I have my cellular data off, back app refresh off, and have taken it into the verizon store they worked on it for a half hour and said it should be good but there is no change. While there I had the rep check coverage for my home, because while I had coverage before I no longer do, he confirmed I should have full coverage 4g Lte, and that I was in an amazing area for coverage. Except I"m not getting any coverage. I've also sat on the phone with verizon several times and had them try to fix it, no help. The circles that show coverage/service will change when I"m not even moving around, for whatever reason. My phone also just generally runs slower and will occasionally freeze up when pressing the home button or closing an app.

I'm sure you'll ask for it so my zip is 53704

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropped calls, no service, excessive data usage, extremely low battery life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aliviadomek,

I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles with your Apple device.  We're here to further assist and make sure we find resolution for you.  Thank you for already answering a lot of questions and taking care of some troubleshooting.  At this point I would recommend a backup and restore.  The iPhone and it's new update may be conflicting with something on your device.  We'd like to perform a restore and test with out any 3rd party applications or media on the phone.

Here are the instructions for the backup and restore; http://bit.ly/1pIvHLR.

Please share your results. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aliviadomek,

I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles with your Apple device.  We're here to further assist and make sure we find resolution for you.  Thank you for already answering a lot of questions and taking care of some troubleshooting.  At this point I would recommend a backup and restore.  The iPhone and it's new update may be conflicting with something on your device.  We'd like to perform a restore and test with out any 3rd party applications or media on the phone.

Here are the instructions for the backup and restore; http://bit.ly/1pIvHLR.

Please share your results. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aliviadomek

Okay it took me awhile to get back on here, but I did the factory reset twice -!: there have been no changes to my problems.

I have noticed an additional issue as well. Often when In in a text message and I try to rotate the display my phone will stay on the original screen almost like it's frozen or the keyboard part of it will flip but the test convo won't.

0 Likes