Dropped iPhone 4S
Blue0515

I'm due for a new phone which I'll be getting today. However, my iPhone fell to the floor and now has a "bleeding" screen. Is there a way to save my pictures and videos somehow? Either by syncing to Cloud over a desktop computer or another way? I really would like them to be salvaged. I believe I have backup for Verizon on my phone but I'm not sure if that covers this.

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropped iPhone 4S
daignact
Enthusiast - Level 2

My apologies if this a duplicate response, but depending on your iPhone and how you had Photos setup, when you activate your new iPhone (provided you're getting a new iPhone), Photos will download from iCloud and be available on your new device. You'll need to sign in with your Apple ID.

If you're not getting a new iPhone, you can try connecting the phone to your computer, open iTunes and download the photos that way.

If you used another app like Verizon Cloud, you can also restore the photos, and other info that you've had it backup.

I personally use iCloud for all my backups, and use Verizon Cloud for master backups incase I ever get a non iOS device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Plug the iPhone into a computer and try to access your files that way.

0 Likes
Blue0515

Thank you. Just tried and I clicked on Import Pictures and Videos and then it says "No new pictures or videos found on this device." Smiley Sad Thank you for your help. I guess my last resort is to see if the people at the store can help and if not, bummer.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Do you already back up to a cloud service like iCloud? that to me could mean it backed up, but didn't find anything new from the last time it backed up.

0 Likes
Blue0515

I didn't even think of that! It's a good possibility. Do you know then whenever I would take a picture or video if it would be backed up in iCloud? I may have it synced... I know I didn't click on each individual picture or video to sync it. But if I sign in to iCloud, everything may be there? I've never accessed it before but I believe I have the lowest storage with them.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It all depends on how you set it up to start with. I forget about my Verizon cloud, but it automatically does it when I am on wi-fi and i don't even realize. Here is to being hopeful!

0 Likes
Blue0515

Definitely! Thank you so much for your help! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
daignact
Enthusiast - Level 2

My apologies if this a duplicate response, but depending on your iPhone and how you had Photos setup, when you activate your new iPhone (provided you're getting a new iPhone), Photos will download from iCloud and be available on your new device. You'll need to sign in with your Apple ID.

If you're not getting a new iPhone, you can try connecting the phone to your computer, open iTunes and download the photos that way.

If you used another app like Verizon Cloud, you can also restore the photos, and other info that you've had it backup.

I personally use iCloud for all my backups, and use Verizon Cloud for master backups incase I ever get a non iOS device.

0 Likes