GLATZE

When I delete e-mails from my iPhone 6, they are moved to the Trash folder on my Desktop (Win10/Outlook).  Can this be stopped?  Using Comcast as my ISP and their suggestion didn't work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E-Mail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's how the IMAP accounts work. It syncs directly with the server so when you delete or move items it is reflected on the server. Can you set it up as a POP3 account instead? If not, you might want to consider changing how you manage your email on your phone and move items to specific folders if you want keep them but not have them in your main inbox.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. When you delete and email while on your iPhone 6, do you empty your trash afterwards? When you delete any email, it directly goes into the trash folder until you empty that folder.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GLATZE

What I want to avoid is movement to the trash folder on my desktop, when I delete them on my iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I absolutely understand, however, when using the same email account on your phone as you do on your desk top. What you do on your phone will be seen on the desktop.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GLATZE

Ok, but it only the IMAP account that does that. No problems with my Verizon account (POP)

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's how the IMAP accounts work. It syncs directly with the server so when you delete or move items it is reflected on the server. Can you set it up as a POP3 account instead? If not, you might want to consider changing how you manage your email on your phone and move items to specific folders if you want keep them but not have them in your main inbox.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GLATZE

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes