Ever since i updated my iphone 5s to ios 8 it has said "extended" at the top instead of "verizon". Anyone know why and how to change it back?
Corinna91

What is extended and how can i change it??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ever since i updated my iphone 5s to ios 8 it has said "extended" at the top instead of "verizon". Anyone know why and how to change it back?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Corinna91! I know how unsettling it can be to see something appear on your device that you don't understand. I regret that! When you're in an "extended" coverage area, the service you get is provided by a Verizon Wireless partner rather than by Verizon Wireless directly. So there's no setting on the device that will provide you the ability to change that. It's the area you're in. Our latest plans provide support for using service in those areas, so you won't be charged roaming for being there.

In order to check coverage, you can use this tool http://vz.to/18Mbqt8 . You can put your full address in the field to see if you're in the extended coverage area.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Ever since i updated my iphone 5s to ios 8 it has said "extended" at the top instead of "verizon". Anyone know why and how to change it back?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Corinna91! I know how unsettling it can be to see something appear on your device that you don't understand. I regret that! When you're in an "extended" coverage area, the service you get is provided by a Verizon Wireless partner rather than by Verizon Wireless directly. So there's no setting on the device that will provide you the ability to change that. It's the area you're in. Our latest plans provide support for using service in those areas, so you won't be charged roaming for being there.

In order to check coverage, you can use this tool http://vz.to/18Mbqt8 . You can put your full address in the field to see if you're in the extended coverage area.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Corinna91

I'm not in an extended coverage area and it constantly says that. It doesn't matter where I am.

0 Likes