jondal
Contributor - Level 1

ALL check devices for cracks on back of phone got an iphone 4 on th e13 and just noticed a crack on it out of the box and vzw not willing to man up and replace it but after fighting with them they are replacing it...

vzw is the worst custmore service ever

att is 2

vzw just wants your money they dont care about anything eles but money money

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FYI
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon gave you a hard time? No way! I'm being sarcastic, of course. I'm not surprised they wouldn't help you. Luckily with an Apple product you have the option of going to an Apple Store for help or an exchange/replacement. Unlike with Motorola, Samsung, and LG, among others. When I received my iPhone 4S over the summer I noticed as soon as I took it out of the box there was a chip in the glass on the front of the phone directly below the lock button. Not huge, but it was noticeable. I ended up sending it back because I couldn't get any reception in my house with it whatsoever. Not sure what that was all about, but I wouldn't have kept it anyways. People will argue that you only spent $200 for the phone, a minor cosmetic defect shouldn't be a big deal. But I disagree. Had I kept that phone and had that chip in the glass eventually gotten bigger or became a larger problem, Verizon would have wanted to know why I hadn't reported it when I first received the device. Just use your head in situations like this.

A buddy of mine recently (pre iPhone 5 release) bought an iPhone 4 from a Verizon store after his Droid went south on him. He paid $99 and, of course, agreed to extend his contract by two years. After having the phone for 5 weeks the volume buttons wouldn't work anymore. Then the home button started acting up. So he goes back to the store where he originally purchased the phone. They tell him they aren't responsible, go see Apple. He makes the half-hour drive to the nearest Apple Store to be told to go back and see Verizon. Upon inspection at the Apple Store they tell him the devices moisture sensors have been triggered, that there is rust buildup near the antenna as a result, and that there appears to be gold replacement parts inside the phone. He never got it wet and he paid for what he was told was a brand new device. He goes back to the Verizon store and they AGAIN refuse to help him out. He even was given a letter by the Apple Store stating that the phone had gold parts inside, which he was told by Apple, they don't use when manufacturing their phones. He goes home, calls Apple, and they tell him to send it in. He overnights it and two days later he has a brand new iPhone 4 at his doorstep. So Apple ended up doing the right thing. But Verizon was willing to let this guy walk away over a phone that, less than two months later, would be free with a new two year contract. Makes absolutely no sense. But that's Verizon for you!

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Man all Vzw wants is money after money and try treat there customers like shit try don't care. If you google Vzw sued Vzw has been sued a lot

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

I won't argue with that statement, jondal. Just stick with it and be persistent if you have issues with VZW in the future. It's like anything else in life, the more on top of it you are the better your results will be. Most of the time anyways. There are plenty of good people at Verizon that will go out of their way to help you, you just have to find them. Best of luck and hang in there.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

O ya I know there are some sweet people that work at Vzw but if you get the wrong one and they note your account then you have a bigger fight

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

I spoke to an ex-Verizon employee once and he gave me some sound advice. He told me the key thing is to never swear or insult the rep you speak to. That leads to a notation, which in turn leads to them being able to justify not helping you. But that's a basic respect thing anyways. I try and remember when I have an issue that the person I'm talking to on the other end of the line isn't directly responsible for my problem, so I try and be patient and keep a cool head. Cooler heads always prevail. If you respect them they are more likely to go out of their way to help you. It's just human nature, really.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks ill try to do that but it's hard with Vzw lol

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

I hear you. I've raised my voice before, but I've never sworn. Just be cool. You'll benefit from doing so.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Kill them with kindness. The VZW Reps probably go through a lot of harassing and demeaning daily so they will probably help you out more if you talk to them with some respect and don't belittle them too much. They are not the direct cause of the problem but are the ones who have to do their best to resolve.    Hopefully the $35 upgrade fee will go toward the service side as they have stated is their reason.

**DISCLAIMER: I am not a VZW Rep nor do I have any ties to the company other than being a former Alltel customer now at VZW's mercy**

0 Likes