Fed Ex Pre sign?
Jstmahoney
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phones will be here tomorrow, and I'm not going to be able to stay home to sign for it. Any one know or have any luck with a pre sign with fed ex? I just left a note on my front door. Hoping they'll leave it, or come later in the afternoon when I'm off work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fed Ex Pre sign?
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

That should work.  The sig required for these are:

Indirect signature required

That means you can have someone sign for it or leave a note saying it's OK to leave them.

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

From Fed Ex:

• Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

They won't come back but if you know where your local fedex facility is you may be able to pick it up that evening after a delivery attempt. You can also call VZW and have them authorize a change in delivery so you can pick it up at the facility instead of them doing a delivery attempt (I did this when my 6 came on the 19th). You can sign for the release like you did but if someone steals it from your home after it's delivered you will be responsible for the loss. Just something to consider.

Spiral
Master - Level 1

I agree with the recommendation by kaebfly to pick your new phone up at the FexEx facility if possible.  I have done this many times (with UPS also) and find it less stressful than worrying if someone will steal from my doorstep that small package that could cost me $750.  Sure it costs a few dollars for gas and the time to go to the facility, but the benefit is you put the risk entirely onto FedEx during the entire shipment.