Fios and apple phone dropping wifi
SheriAlt

We switch to Verizon fios at home and now our Apple products don't keep connected to wifi causing us to eat up data now. How do we resolve this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fios and apple phone dropping wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SheriAlt,

That is definitely not the experience that we want you to have as a new customer. We definitely want to ensure you have access to WiFi. What seems to be going on exactly? Are you receiving any error messages when the device disconnects?

AdamGG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SheriAlt

Thank you for responding. We do not receive any error message it just waffles between wifi and LTE. We didn't notice until I received notices about how much data we used. We've reset the router a few times. Seems to work only temporarily. We didn't notice first, but now it waffles between wifi and LTE throughout the day. We went from using 4-6 gb of data a mint to as of today we've used 15 gb and the cycle doesn't end until the 21st of the month. I already upped the plan from 10 to 15 but would like to keep it 10 and keep using the wifi as we did before switching to Fios. We've have one droid phone on our account that doesn't have the same issue as the apple phones do. When we turn off cellular data then we receive a no connection error. This did not happen with our prior carrier and has only been an issue since switching to Fios.

How do we resolve this and have a connection and not eat up our data? As it stands now we've used 100% of our data and there is still 10 days left in the cycle.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sheri

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can turn things around for you. It sounds as if WiFi Assist is causing more harm than good in your situation. Please disable that feature on the iPhone to make sure the device is only using WiFi when you need it to.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205296

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes