Google search engine will not load when using data. Works fine when connected to wifi.
DMCM2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to google something when using data. I have tried using chrome and safari. I've deleted cookies and cleared the cache. Still does not work. The browsers will load websites fine, but when I google something I get the error message saying google took too long to respond. Any suggestions to help the problem?

Labels (1)
Re: Google search engine will not load when using data. Works fine when connected to wifi.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This would absolutely concern me too, DMCM2009, that is one of the main reasons we have Smartphones, (for the Internet). Can you tell me when this started happening? Are you able to access other applications/ features on your phone?   Let's check your Settings. From your main screen, please go to Settings> Cellular> scroll down to Use Cellular Data For: > ensure that Google and Safari are both ON, (green bubble).

Please let us know if this helps. 

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Re: Google search engine will not load when using data. Works fine when connected to wifi.
DMCM2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for replying. I have cellularv data turned on for both apps.

Chrome and safari with fine if I type in a website URL or use a different

search engine. For some reason Google's search engine does not work when

using data. Any suggestions?

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 9:34 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMCM2009,

We appreciate the additional details and that is certainly an odd occurrence. To be sure, are you able to navigate to Google's website (www.google.com) from the phone?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

DMCM2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not when using data. I can with wifi

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 11:16 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMCM2009,

Thank you for clarifying. You mentioned clearing your cache and cookies. To be sure, were these the steps that you took https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206746/ ? If not, please take this step. Otherwise, next please try Resetting Network Settings on the device. See how to do so here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/.

AdamG_VZWSupport

0 Likes
DMCM2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reset my network settings and it worked briefly but now is back as it

was. Any more suggestions?

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 11:38 AM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This would absolutely have me concerned as well, DMCM2009. Can you tell me when this started happening?

Please try powering the phone OFF and remove the SIM card for 2-minutes, then reinsert and restart the phone. Let's see if this helps.

http://vz.to/2ejVPzs

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
wall55

I am having the same problem. I went to a VerizonWireless store and they replaced the SIM card. I was back a few days later with the same issue. They replaced my phone. It was okay for about  a day but the problem came back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wall55
Being able to use the search engine of our choice is important and we will be more than happy to get to the bottom of this for you. When did this start for you? Had you installed or updated anything new on your phone around the time this started? What is the make and model of the phone you have?

Edward_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes