Has anyone else had trouble with recent Apple trade-in offer?
DANWOM19

So disappointed and frustrated with the recent offer to trade in my Apple 6 phones (3 on the account) and upgrade to iphone 8s.  The deal was supposed to be a $200 trade-in credit for each 6 (all in working order with no cracks)  with the new purchase.  I wanted to confirm this before I placed my order online, so I did an online chat with a customer service rep.  He/she told me I understood the deal correctly and assured me I would be able to trade-in the old phone at the local Verizon store when I picked up my new phones.  She even agreed to make a note of this in my account.

When I showed up at the store, they told me this was incorrect information.  They refused to take the trade-ins and told me I had to do it online.  The rep indicated the stores were transitioning to a new model and wouldn't really be providing any service, just access to computers (in other words, pushing consumers to online). That, by itself is a very frustrating experience, but it gets worse.

It was a couple of weeks later when I went online to try to figure out the trade-ins and there was no way for me to get the special trade-in offer (I was seeing just the current trade-in rate....I think about $125).  So, I chat with anther rep.  She could not fix this, explained that that offer was no longer available.  She did offer to make up some of the difference, but that simply is not what I agreed to.  I asked for someone to investigate by looking at the earlier chat session content and then to get back to me.  I was told someone from the fraud investigation team would investigate and get back to me.  This was a few days before Christmas.....and I'm still waiting!

Anyone else had this issue or similar?  I am only asking that the original offer and what I was promised be honored (trade in at store with $200 for each iPhone 6).  Why is that so hard?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone else had trouble with recent Apple trade-in offer?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANWOM19, we always want to ensure that you’re able to take advantage of the best deal available at that time. The trade-in promotions should be a fairly easy process and we’re sorry that you haven’t had the best experience so far. We’d be happy to research this further and take a closer look at things on your behalf. We’ll need more details regarding your purchase and the promotion in question to ensure that we’re both on the same page and we’re providing accurate information. We just sent a Private Message to your inbox so we can work on this together. Please check your inbox and send us a response at your earliest convenience.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes