Help? iPhone4 does not always dial out, receive calls or send and receive texts.
ElizabethCara

My problem started about 8 days ago. I did nothing to my phone, changed no settings, yet last Tuesday it just stopped sending texts for a period of about 4 hours. I could not dial out. Basically, my phone was useless. I also noticed the 3G was not working. It would connect to my home wifi network but nothing else. It started working that night. During this past week, it has done this same thing off and on again. There is no particular pattern. The rest of my family have 3 phones (not Iphones, but basic cell phones through Verizon) and they have not had one issue. During my "blackout" periods, I will have them dial my phone and it will ring on their end for me, but my phone actually will not ring. What gives?? Also, when I am not able to receive or send texts, when my phone starts working again, I will receive all texts I could not get all at once. So, to me this strongly sounds like a Verizon issue within their network. Please help??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help? iPhone4 does not always dial out, receive calls or send and receive texts.
StephenGrossbauer

I have been having the exact same problems since yesterday morning. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. Phone could be working fine (5 bars and 3G symbol) then nothing. The person in the office next to mine has a Iphone 4S and has absolutely no issues. I went to a Verizon store yesterday and they could not assist. I then called VZ Tech Support to report the problem but have yet to hear a resolution. Glad I'm not alone. Hope someone from VZ reads this and responds. My phone has been useless for the better part of two days. Totally unreliable.

0 Likes
Re: Help? iPhone4 does not always dial out, receive calls or send and receive texts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Elizabeth Cara, I like to help with the issues with your iPhone 4. The details you provided were great. However, I like to ask a few more questions. How often do you restart your iPhone 4? Are you mainly on the indoors when these issues occur? Even though you did not make any changes on your iPhone 4, it is good to double check make sure they are all set properly. Here are a two suggestions you can use. One is to reset your network settings via this link http://tinyurl.com/dxuf54m. Another suggestion is to do a ensure your Wi-Fi is disabled on your iPhone 4. Here are the steps http://tinyurl.com/bpekjpj. Give these options a try. Retest your iPhone 4 after each suggestion seeing if either helps with the issues reported.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes