High data usage
Nana1226

My daughter is on my account and recently moved to another city.

Her data usage is higher than normal.  She told me she's connected to her wireless and isn't using her phone any differently than before.

Can someone please help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: High data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're always here for support. Are you able to log in to your My Verizon account and view the usage details?

0 Likes
Nana1226

Yes, it looks like networking and social media is the most used.  According to my daughter; she isn't using it any more than she did before.  After she moved is when the alerts started to come in that the data was being utilized more.  After finding other users with similar problems; I asked her to do some troubleshooting.  First to make sure she has all new updates (there was a link provided); next to reset the network; and lastly to turn off wifi assist.  Is there anything else we can do?  To go from 2GB to 4GB within a one month time seems extreme; considering we were well under 2GB prior to her move.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nana1226, we want to make sure that this issue is properly handled and the data usage that is occurring is kept in check. When connected to WiFi, I always like to recommend that the user goes in and fully disabled mobile data. This ensures that, should the WiFi connection be dropped or disconnected for any reasons, unwanted usage does not occur. The only other option, that would help completely limit usage of mobile data, would be to take part in Family Base which allows you to set a limit on the data allowed to be accessed by a particular line. It does cost $5 a month, but it can certainly be very useful to help keep data from ever crossing the allowance threshold. You can read about it here: http://vz.to/1MQt2LB.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes