I'm hoping this community is able to help. I continue to get told no one can leave voicemail on my phone.
While, I am physically able to record and save a message. I continue to get told after the phone rings; only receive the following message is heard: "Your call cannot be completed at this time."
So I have two questions:
1. how can a person force their phone to enable their voicemail message, so everyone calling is able to listen and leave a voicemail?
2. And what is your second suggestion, if the first attempt to set up and access voicemail is unsuccessful?
And does Verizon have tech support you can physically bring or send your phone too?
I went to the local area Verizon Store, and met really nice, non-tech savvy sales personnel. They were great at pushing the latest Verizon Products, but weren't able to share, show, or talk with customers about the actual features, functions, or help troubleshoot issues.
Thank you for your recommendations and suggestions to enable voicemail, so everyone calling the telephone number can leave messages.
Thumbs up to Online Apple Tech Support providing the following solution:
- Dial *73 from your phone to disable or cancel call forwarding
- Log into your account online to cancel call forwarding.
- Dial Verizon Tech Support at 800-822-0204, to address any glitches or issues with voicemail functions.
Online Apple Tech Support, told me IPhone Users are reporting losing voicemail function on their phones.
Tech told me call forwarding feature may be randomly activating without the User's knowledge or permission; and to attempt any of the three suggestions shown further above.