How can I request receipt by IMEI/SN?
airz

Hi, the phone was purchased for full price and without Account. But when i got its was locked to AppleID, and i dont know iCloud email, and i dont know password. I try call to apple they say: need duplicate from Verizon. How can i get it if I dont have account and now to far from US to go in Store?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I request receipt by IMEI/SN?
Weth
Legend

There is nothing that can be done by you, Verizon, or Apple.  The only thing that can be done is get the original owner to go into iCloud and remove the phone from Find My iPhone.   While the original owner may have forgotten, I most cases this means a lost or stolen phone was obtained.  You have a brick until you contact the original owner. 

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you buy a new phone or a used phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
airz

I bought it used, buy with receipt, as i think, but when i send it to Apple support they answer: request duplicate of receipt again and send to us.

Now i dont know what can i do and how I can request it.

0 Likes
airz

Maybe Verizon can send it directly to Apple support with my case number?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The previous owner should have factory reset the device if it was their device to sell. It makes me wonder if you purchased a stolen phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

airz

What if previous owner just forgot to LOGOUT? And now I cant contact with him?

0 Likes
airz

And BTW, when iPhone stolen, OWNER press STOLEN button in iCloud and on the screen you can see the message. But main is not stole, no message, just need email and password.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

There is nothing that can be done by you, Verizon, or Apple.  The only thing that can be done is get the original owner to go into iCloud and remove the phone from Find My iPhone.   While the original owner may have forgotten, I most cases this means a lost or stolen phone was obtained.  You have a brick until you contact the original owner. 

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately a lot of people that sell their iPhones fail to properly remove it from Find My iPhone because they think restoring the device to factory is enough. It happens far more often than people think. I'm curious as to why the original owner can't be contacted (I assume the OP bought it directly from someone although they mentioned a receipt). If it was an eBay purchase they can report the seller and request a refund if the seller is refusing to respond to their attempts to contact. That's assuming they purchased using PayPal so they can be under the buyer protection. Otherwise they may be out of luck. If they bought with a credit card they may be able to dispute the charge due to attempts at rectifying an issue with purchase using reasonable means and was not able to do so. They would have to check their card agreements.

0 Likes
airz

Yes, you right, many people think just restore thats all. But as i say I cant find owner, becouse purchase it from hands. When i got it its work great but just I update iOS - LOCK. Its not stolen or lost, becose people who lock to FMI know, when you lost or samene stole your phone you can login in iCloud account and press "LOST/STOLEN" but main is clean! It ask me only email/login and password.

0 Likes