How can I transfer my contacts to my new iPhone using backup assistant?
Knitter1

Transferring backup assistant to new iPhone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I transfer my contacts to my new iPhone using backup assistant?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Knitter,

Congrats on your new iPhone! Having your information moved to your new device is important. What device did you have prior to the iPhone? If you used Backup assistant, please verify contacts are listed online by signing into MyVerizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . If the contacts are listed, please download the Backup assistant application from the Apple store. The application will walk you through importing the contacts. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us@vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: How can I transfer my contacts to my new iPhone using backup assistant?
anothercrazylady

My problem is similar.  I upgraded from an old LG phone to an iPhone 4s.  I used the backup assistant app, and it seemed successful until I realized that only email addresses were saved as contacts in the new phone.  The old phone was not email compatible, so the old contacts are all phone numbers, so NO ZERO NADA phone numbers were moved to the new phone.

Here's where it gets sticky.  The old phone has gone missing with all its precious phone numbers.  I was going to try to look at the contacts in backup assistant online (even though I had never done any management of contacts online in the past) and see if it still had the phone numbers or if it had magically synced the online version with the email-only contacts.

I don't want to store my contacts in the cloud, so is there a way to access the online version of backup assistant to see if it may still have my phone number contacts? 

Please help!  Thank you.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes