How do I block my name from appearing on caller ID when I make a call?
thepar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had my iPhone 5 setup to block my name and I forgot how I did it.  Help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I block my name (permanently) from coming across caller ID when I make a call?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thepar,

I can certainly assist you with permanently blocking your name from appearing on a Caller ID display. There are multiple ways this can be achieved. If wanting to block it on a per number basis you can dial *67 in front of the 10-digit mobile number you wish to block from seeing your Caller ID or to thier contact if stored your contacts app. You can also add a Caller ID Block to your account. To see how to block Caller ID for all of your calls, click here:  http://vz.to/1STAesM

The Show My Caller ID option that used to allow you to toggle this feature off and back on did go away with the iOS 7 and higher OS updates.

Hope this helps!

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: how do I block my name (permanently) from coming across caller ID when I make a call?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thepar,

I can certainly assist you with permanently blocking your name from appearing on a Caller ID display. There are multiple ways this can be achieved. If wanting to block it on a per number basis you can dial *67 in front of the 10-digit mobile number you wish to block from seeing your Caller ID or to thier contact if stored your contacts app. You can also add a Caller ID Block to your account. To see how to block Caller ID for all of your calls, click here:  http://vz.to/1STAesM

The Show My Caller ID option that used to allow you to toggle this feature off and back on did go away with the iOS 7 and higher OS updates.

Hope this helps!

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!