How do I get my verification code when my screen is broken?
MICHAC15

The screen on my iPhone 5 doesn't work at all (it's just black now), so I can't get the verification code to set up Messages, which was sent as a text to my phone. Is there any other way to get the code?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting verification code with unusable phone screen?
Weth
Legend

You are trying to set up Message + on a computer so you can see your texts? If so, you would have needed to set this up before your phone broke. You need to have the code that is being texted to your iPhone 5.

The other way to do it is to put the SIM card in your iPhone 5 into a different phone temporarily to get the text and then you can set up Message +

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICHAC15,

Help is here! I regret to see that your is black. I know the importance of keeping up with messaging when you’re in this type of situation. Are you referring to a verification code when signing into you’re my Verizon online account? If this is not correct, can you please clarify a bit more?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You are trying to set up Message + on a computer so you can see your texts? If so, you would have needed to set this up before your phone broke. You need to have the code that is being texted to your iPhone 5.

The other way to do it is to put the SIM card in your iPhone 5 into a different phone temporarily to get the text and then you can set up Message +

0 Likes