How do I merge calls?
akobus1637

I am having issues when merging a call.

I use my phone for business and when a call comes in and I want to send it to a coworker I have issues.

I mute myself, add another caller and if the other caller does not pick up I cannot get back to the original caller.

I could just patch the original caller through to voicemail, but I would be listening to their message... which isn't an option.

Am I just doing something wrong here? I have read Apple forums and it  claims this is not an Apple feature it is handled through the Carrier.

So is there a way to do this on a Verizon Iphone 6 or not?

I would love some advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot get back to the original call when merging has failed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When using your phone for business purposes, being able to transfer and merge calls is crucial. In this instance, you would choose the switch calls option on the screen to go back to the other call. The other call would ultimatelydisconnect after a short bit.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I cannot get back to the original call when merging has failed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When using your phone for business purposes, being able to transfer and merge calls is crucial. In this instance, you would choose the switch calls option on the screen to go back to the other call. The other call would ultimatelydisconnect after a short bit.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes