How do I move contacts from Backup Assistant to Verizon Cloud?
DRENAUD52
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can you get a contact list from Backup Assistant (flip phone, LG Revere 2)  to the Verizon Cloud (iPhone 6s Plus). In the past, you could use the Backup Assistant app on the iPhone but that is now desupported... or you could go to the backup assistant website and download the contacts, but that is also desupported. Any other options? The Backup Assistant service is still running as of March 25... I just backed up the flip phone contacts and it said it worked. So how do you get the data out?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving contacts from Backup Assistant
DRENAUD52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out, YaY! Use Bluetooth! General idea is...

1. Pair your flip phone to your Windows PC using Bluetooth.

2. On your PC, using the run dialog, launch a program called fsquirt. This is a Bluetooth file transfer program. Select the Receive File option. Had no idea this existed (learned about it on google).

3. On your phone, go to Contacts then click the Send Name option, select all the names, then Send using the Bluetooth option.

4. When the phone is done transferring everything, click Finish on the PC and make/select a directory to hold the files. There will be one vcf file for each name.

At this point, all your contacts are now on your PC. It is an exercise to the reader to figure out how to get the vcf files into your iPhone contacts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Moving contacts from Backup Assistant
DRENAUD52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out, YaY! Use Bluetooth! General idea is...

1. Pair your flip phone to your Windows PC using Bluetooth.

2. On your PC, using the run dialog, launch a program called fsquirt. This is a Bluetooth file transfer program. Select the Receive File option. Had no idea this existed (learned about it on google).

3. On your phone, go to Contacts then click the Send Name option, select all the names, then Send using the Bluetooth option.

4. When the phone is done transferring everything, click Finish on the PC and make/select a directory to hold the files. There will be one vcf file for each name.

At this point, all your contacts are now on your PC. It is an exercise to the reader to figure out how to get the vcf files into your iPhone contacts.

0 Likes