How do I stop my device from ringing randomly?
Sarafin10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone experienced their iPhone randomly ringing when there is no identifiable incoming call? This has been happening for days on my iPhone 5. It's frustrating!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: For several days my iPhone 5 will randomly ring (always just 2 rings) and there is no incoming call. Any idea what is causing it? It has occurred at least 3 times already today.
Weth
Legend

Got to Settings/Sounds and look to see if any other alerts are set to the same alert you are getting for the telephone ring. I have seen where people or someone with jokester intentions set the new email alert to the telephone ring and cause the phone to ring randomly throughout the day.

View solution in original post

Re: For several days my iPhone 5 will randomly ring (always just 2 rings) and there is no incoming call. Any idea what is causing it? It has occurred at least 3 times already today.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sarafin10,

That's alarming! Your phone definitely shouldn't be ringing for no reason. Does anything show on the phone's screen while this happens? Can you think of any recent changes to settings or new apps that could cause a change?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the�Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sarafin10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Andrew,

No.. nothing shows on the phone's screen, it remains black. (as when not in use.) Also, there is no record of any missed calls in my call log either. Since I originally posted this, it has happened several more times! This has been going on since Thursday of last week. I haven't changed any settings recently that I can imagine would cause anything like this! I'm definitely puzzled!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Got to Settings/Sounds and look to see if any other alerts are set to the same alert you are getting for the telephone ring. I have seen where people or someone with jokester intentions set the new email alert to the telephone ring and cause the phone to ring randomly throughout the day.

Re: For several days my iPhone 5 will randomly ring (always just 2 rings) and there is no incoming call. Any idea what is causing it? It has occurred
EByrd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did this.  No alert or ringtone is set to the same sound ("Old Phone").

Re: For several days my iPhone 5 will randomly ring (always just 2 rings) and there is no incoming call. Any idea what is causing it? It has occurred
AnnaK56

Hi, did you ever find out why your phone randomly rings?
My husband's iphone is doing the same thing.  It is particularly annoying when it "randomly" rings in the middle of the night!  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: For several days my iPhone 5 will randomly ring (always just 2 rings)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, AnnaK56! Having a working device is vital, and we are concerned to hear that it is randomly ringing at night with no incoming call, and we would be glad to help you today. When did this issue start? What software version does your device have? 

RachelM_VZW
0 Likes
Bsatriano

Same thing is happening with my phone has anyone figured out how to fix it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. Has any physical or liquid damage been conducted to the device? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Skipperjack

Same here, but not the 'ring' tone, as in a call coming in, but just a 2 tone 'beep'.  Tried rebooting and checked anything that might have a sound produced, but can't find any other place the 'beeps' could originate from.  Also the screen remains black, with no note on source.

0 Likes