How do I stop voicemail transcription on my iPhone 6S?
SAGA_2

how can I stop voicemail transcription on iPhone 6S?  It seems to automatically transcript my voice messages in the Voicemail page, ever since   got a new iPhone6S.  My checking around says it is not an Apple setting.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how can I stop voicemail transcription on iPhone 6S?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAGA.2,

Seeing your voicemail transcribed can definitely be a new experience. The voicemail transcription you're referring to is a part of Apple's iOS 10 for iPhone 6s or later. This is a built in feature that is cannot be disabled. For more information regarding the voicemail transcription service, use this link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207181 or contact Apple directly at 800-692-7753.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you paying for Visual Voicemail? Voicemail Comparison | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SAGA_2

Not paying for this service.  I read that it comes automatically from Verizon when the iphone is setup. Seems it is a Beta feature, which I can't find a way to turn off.

thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then it is an Apple thing as Apple designed and controls the voicemail system for iPhones on their servers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAGA.2,

Seeing your voicemail transcribed can definitely be a new experience. The voicemail transcription you're referring to is a part of Apple's iOS 10 for iPhone 6s or later. This is a built in feature that is cannot be disabled. For more information regarding the voicemail transcription service, use this link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207181 or contact Apple directly at 800-692-7753.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCMAC40

Why don't you want the transcript? I believe you can turn it off in privacy settings but give it a chance and you may find you like it.

0 Likes
zaequathor

I don't like the voicemail transcriptions; they are just irritating.

They are never accurate or clarifying in any way.

I don't need them, I don't want them and I'd like to get rid of that function in my voicemail records... but I can't find out how to do it.

Does anyone know hw to turn off this function?

0 Likes