How do I unlock my iPhone 4?
judydoll

Does anyone know how I can unlock my phone.  I wrote to Verizon 2 weeks ago, but they haven't responded.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I unlock my iPhone 4?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you asking about wanting to get it unlocked to use in other countries?  The iPhone 4 on Verizon can never be unlocked since it doesn't have a GSM radio in it.  It doesn't have a SIM card slot either.  Also even if the phone was physically capable of being unlocked you need to be a current customer of Verizon Wireless and the phone need to be on an active line along with other qualifications to be eligible for requesting an SIM unlock.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you asking about wanting to get it unlocked to use in other countries?  The iPhone 4 on Verizon can never be unlocked since it doesn't have a GSM radio in it.  It doesn't have a SIM card slot either.  Also even if the phone was physically capable of being unlocked you need to be a current customer of Verizon Wireless and the phone need to be on an active line along with other qualifications to be eligible for requesting an SIM unlock.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
judydoll

Thanks, Ann.  I don't understand much about 'unlocking' phones.  I am an existing Verizon customer, but am going to sell my iPhone 4 and wanted to make sure I didn't have to unlock it first.  Your answer was very helpful.

Judy

0 Likes