How do i transfer the contents from my old Iphone 5 to new Iphone 6 using Icloud?
filipkj

I would like to retain my text messages primarily.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do i transfer the contents from my old Iphone 5 to new Iphone 6 using Icloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

filipkj,

Congratulations on the new phone! Making sure we get your contacts & other data transferred to your new phone is a must. Here are some easy steps http://apple.co/1Q2DRxV on how to get everything transferred over. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do i transfer the contents from my old Iphone 5 to new Iphone 6 using Icloud?
mama23dogs
Legend

You would have to backup to Verizon cloud in order to same text and iCloud to save iMessage.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will retain both text and iMessages if you backup to iTunes or iCloud. I've never used Verizon Messages and I have always been able to retain all of my text messages along with iMessages using only iCloud/iTunes for my device backups.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

filipkj,

Congratulations on the new phone! Making sure we get your contacts & other data transferred to your new phone is a must. Here are some easy steps http://apple.co/1Q2DRxV on how to get everything transferred over. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes