How do you save a custom voicemail greeting when upgrading?
reindeerdad

Upgrading my iPhone 5s to a 6 plus and need to save my custom voicemail greeting which was recorded by a celebrity. Don't  know the custom voicemail greeting is stored and don't want to lose it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you save a custom voicemail greeting when upgrading?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, reindeerdad. Creating Customer Voicemail Greeting is a fun option, unfortunately, it is not as easy to transfer them over. You may want to find a way to record it via line out, (cable to a recording device using headphone jack) to a computer, and then covert it to MP3 or compatible iPhone format so you do not lose it.
Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer the recorded message over that is readily made possible by Apple.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, reindeerdad. Creating Customer Voicemail Greeting is a fun option, unfortunately, it is not as easy to transfer them over. You may want to find a way to record it via line out, (cable to a recording device using headphone jack) to a computer, and then covert it to MP3 or compatible iPhone format so you do not lose it.
Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer the recorded message over that is readily made possible by Apple.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Stephanie-Rocks_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Reindeerdad!

If you are just looking to preserve that greeting, you could try www.SaveMyVM.com.  They can create a digital recording of that greeting for you.

However, there is also some third-party software you can install on your mac that gives you the ability to extract voicemail messages from your iPhone.  I'm not sure if it works for greetings, but I think it probably would here is a link: How To: Save Your iPhone's Voicemails For Safekeeping | pinglio

I hope that helps!

~S

0 Likes