How much would a mobile hotspot cost?
ktjr

I'm using an iPhone 4S with a 6GB family data plan. I can't seem to find any information on how much it costs if I use the hotspot feature on my phone. Seems like it would be included with my 6GB. I should be able to use this 6GB any way I would like. Right?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone hotspot costs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ktjr,

Elector is correct. If you are on a Nationwide or older plan the Hotspot is not included and there would be an additional fee to use it. One of the awesome benefits of being on a Share Everything or More Everything plan is that the data you share between your lines can also be used for the hotspot with no additional fees. The data simply counts towards your monthly allowance!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well my hotspot was $20 for 2 GB of hotspot data use.

My plan is very old but my phone data is unlimited. But to teathering costs extra. There is a share plan where that hot spot is included. If you are not on that plan that same 2 GB of data is $30

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ktjr,

Elector is correct. If you are on a Nationwide or older plan the Hotspot is not included and there would be an additional fee to use it. One of the awesome benefits of being on a Share Everything or More Everything plan is that the data you share between your lines can also be used for the hotspot with no additional fees. The data simply counts towards your monthly allowance!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ktjr

This helps greatly. I have a share-everything-like plan, so I believe the hotspot should work as you say. I'll find out at the end of the month when my bill arrives 🙂

0 Likes