How to get back your phone after backup of wrong phone.
CAKoumentakos

Hi all,

We were getting ready for a trip and my wife wanted to download my music library.  We Plugged in her phone to computer to get itunes library and proceeded to get backup of my iphone.  Her phone now is a copy of mine.  How can I get back her phone, email set up and how her phone looked?  Is there a way to go to her most recent back up? and download her setting so her phone goes back to looking and having the info it used to have?  Cant wait for verizon store to open tomorrow.  We leave in two days. Thank you CK

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to get back your phone after backup of wrong phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried having her log into her iTunes account?

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CAKoumentakos

I dont think she has an itunes account.  Everyone was sharing off mine and off my main computer.  In the process of getting her the music library we backed up her phone with my phone settings.  Now her phone has all my apps, and email and photos and icloud and everything.  Id like to get back her phone probably by bringing over her icloud.  Im not sure.  Im going to have to go to verizon int he morning to fix her phone and perhaps apple store to set her up with my itunes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each person needs their own iCloud/Apple account and you can setup the family library to share applications and multimedia across multiple accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What Ann154 said is correct! Each individual would need their own iTunes accounts to function with iCloud. If the device is registered off of the same iTunes account, which belongs to another device, performing a restore on the device would cause the other device's backed up information to be placed on the device. There might be a chance that we can recover your wife's information. Do you know if she ever used Verizon Cloud to back up her device at a previous point in time?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The only thing to do is hope she has an iCloud backup. Then you have to go into the settings and reset her phone and restore it from her back up but an earlier one if available.

You MUST be very careful when plugging it into a computer. You have to quick jump into the phone settings screen in iTunes and turn off the automatic back option.

Also, if you purchased the songs with your iTunes account it is difficult to share it with another device.

It really sounds a visit with the laptop and your wife's phone to an Apple store and a few hours is needed.

0 Likes