Re: How to stop clicking and screeching sound on my iphone 6?
SueMKathman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have received directions to both turn advanced calling off and also to turn it on. Neither solved the problem. However, in one of the recent posts, it was suggested to reset network and reboot. I did this and now have advanced calling on and I think the issue is resolved. I have made several calls without the clicking and screeching for the first time.  However, I am not ready to fully say it is resolved until more time goes by and more calls remain clear.  I am completely frustrated that I have received ineffective direction from Apple and Verizon when this is clearly their issue and negatively affects their customers. In fact, I have not received a response from Verizon customer service for days despite my message back to them that the issue continued. Their engineers and Apple's as well should be working on this and then issuing a solution. Their representatives act as though it is not a major problem with their product. I only know that it is because of the many, many blogs I have read form others frustrated by the same issue since upgrading to 9.1 . It definitely will impact my purchase decisions going forward. Thanks to all who responded to my post. I will get back to this again in a few days with a final outcome.

Suzanne

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SueMKathman, I am so glad to hear that resetting the network settings seems to have corrected this issue. Should it return, please know that we are always here at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support.

Follow us on Twitter @port
If my response answered your question please click the CorrectAnswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SueMKathman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmmmm. You seemed to ignore the fact that this recommendation came from a reader and not Verizon. No need to respond.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As far as Apple goes....if it's an issue only affecting some Verizon users in some areas then it would seem more like a Verizon issue and not an Apple engineering issue. Since I have never experienced anything like this in my areas of use nor anyone that I know all I can assume is that it doesn't affect everyone. If it was just a case of resetting your network settings to get AC to work correctly (let's hope that this continues to be your fix) then it's just a situation where some users will need to reset network settings. No harm, no foul. Not sure how widespread the issue is but if it's less common that may be why tech support isn't sure how to deal with it. Just guessing but if anyone experiences the issues and reports them...and finds that doing what you did is the answer then sharing that info (and maybe even relaying the info back to VZW/Apple) would help. Might seem like a pain in the butt but it may help the next person out.

0 Likes
jsczeb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to clarify, turning the feature off did nothing. you must login on "my Verizon" and turn this default feature off on your number before the problem will be resolved. It was after I did this upon waiting 15 mins or so for vzw network to update that I rebooted the device and reset network settings. No problems ever since

0 Likes
EForce30
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured I'd provide an update for everyone.  Testing was conducted with Verizon, Apple, & Intercall engineers along with several employees experiencing the issue.  They were able to determine it was indeed as suggested above directly related to the Advanced Calling / HD Voice feature.  Once this feature was removed the employees' plans by Verizon, device rebooted, etc. the issue was resolved.

SueMKathman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My update to this issue. Just turning the feature off on the phone as recommended by tech support and resetting the netwoek did not truly resolve the problem. Having Verizon turn off the default feature and resetting my netowrk and rebooting did resolve the issue as identifies above. I wanted to wait to be sure it did not return and so far, so good.  Thank you to all who helped. I strongly suggest Verizon and Apple share this solution with all of their customer service and tech support folks online and at their stores. This is a much more widespread  issue. It would save hours and hours of time visiting stores and on-line trying to get an answer.

0 Likes
Jside

That advanced calling feature that can cause the screeching noise is now called HD Voice in the my Verizon app. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that any issues you might be experiencing with calls are completely fixed. Please tell us, does this happen while being at a specific location? What app are you using for calls? Does this happen while being connected to Wi-Fi?
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes