How to undo call forwarding
abbq

My calls are going to a friends number..... If i don't pick up they can answer the call and if she don't pick up it will go to her VM and not mine. How to i fix the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to undo call forwarding
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abbq, take my hand. I can walk you through the steps to disable call forwarding. Just dial *73. You should hear a confirmation tone or message.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DaniMad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you set up call forwarding on your account?  I have had a similar problem and I did not set up call forwarding.  I am confused as to how this can happen.  Technical Support was not extremely helpful with the problem either.

0 Likes
btfly3030

happened to me today *73 call disables it I looked at phone log unknown numbers are on their like I have talked tonthezse people  been going on for a while.  I am getting close to having a couple people locked up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value privacy here at Verizon. Do you get the Call Forwarding disabled successfully? We can block certain numbers for you if you like.
RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DaniMad
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is not disabling call forwarding, the problem is that call forwarding began without my request.  I was researching how to block numbers and I have tested that service.  I have not ever tested or did I know about call forwarding until it happened to my number.  Calls were being connected to my most frequently called contact which was baffling.  I don't know how this could have happened but call forwarding problems don't seem to be very uncommon.  I want to prevent call forwarding from happening again but that is not possible according to Verizon.  None the less, Verizon customer care is not able to explain how call forwarding happened on my phone line.  Doesn't make any clear sense.

JaymeE

Have you tried going on My Verizon and looking at the features your phone is currently using? It could have been accidentally enabled.

0 Likes
DaniMad
Enthusiast - Level 2

All Verizon could tell me was that the call forwarding feature was activated online.  However, going through my computer history for that day in question shows no record of the call forwarding link.  I believe that there was a system glitch.  My plan was grandfathered in as I have unlimited data.  The number that my calls were forwarded to, was one of my 5 friends and family numbers.  It's just a weird occurrence since Verizon does not know how this happened.  Worse of all, I didn't know this was going on for a month and a half.  That is really the main concern here.  How can I know there is a problem if I am unaware of what is happening?

0 Likes