I can receive email but can't send email
cfm007

Switched over from Sprint about a week ago. I restored my new iPhone 6 and had some iMessage issues which I cleared up by re-setting my settings (the option that doesn't delete anything). I'm not sure if the re-set has anything to with it but for past 3 days, I've been able to get email on my phone but not send it. I keep getting a window saying my email username or pw is incorrect. I've re-inputted in the pw and username and checked the imap and smtp values and everything is correct but I still can't send email, i.e, forward, reply, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can receive email but can't send email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cfm007

I definitely want to make sure your email is back up and running for you! So sorry you're unable to send emails. Are you using the pre-installed Mail app or one downloaded from the App Store? Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.)? Have you been able to remove the email address completely from your device and then re-add it?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I can receive email but can't send email
cfm007

Many thanks! Per your response, I deleted the email account, re-inputted everything and it's working fine. FYI, the email account is my own domain which I've had for about 10 years.

Again, thanks.

PS - Before you responded I went online and a number of recent forum posts I read said that this issue is a bug in iOS 8 and it comes and goes. If it is, hopefully Apple will fix it.

0 Likes