I can't activate my iPhone 4...
cfields1

I recently ordered online and received an iPhone4. I have talked to Verizon customer service via phone and via chat, followed all of their steps, dialed *228, tried iTunes and my phone still won't make calls or send texts. All I get is a busy signal. This is very frustrating considering that I am a new customer trying to enjoy the benefits of Verizon's services, and it seems like no one can help me. The nearest Verizon store is nearly 2 hours away, but it looks like I will have to drive all the way there just to get my phone activated. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't activate my iPhone 4...
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

Have you verified coverage on the map to ensure service in your area? 2 hours away from the nearest store sounds like a sketchy coverage (they dont put stores where they dont put service). If verified, do you have WiFi? try performing a Reset All Settings and Content on your iphone and try activating via WiFi (much easier and simpler than iTunes). Also is it already on an account?

0 Likes
cfields1

Thanks for your reply. Where I'm located, Verizon shares tower space with a company called Appalachian Wireless, so yesterday I drove 20 miles out of my way to pick up signal from one of their actual Verizon towers as well as wi-fi as they suggested I do, and I still couldn't seem to make the command prompts or anything appear. It is linked to my account.

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

Just ensure you have done a complete Reset All Settings and Content before doing this... we had to do it for my Aunt's phone who lives in West Virginia.

Perform the Reset, Go to a actual signal location, also with wifi (mcdonalds,starbucks,etc), then perform the setup steps, at the end it will say "Use as new phone, or Start using phone" something like that. then it will take you to the main page then try dialing *22890 and it should program OTA

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

The iPhone 4 can sometimes be the red-headed step child and be very difficult to deal with compared to the 4s

0 Likes
cfields1

Thank you very much, I will try this.

0 Likes
cfields1

Still no luck. I've officially tried everything that Verizon has told me to do via chat, phone, and what I've found here. I guess I will have no choice but to drive 2 hours to the nearest store. I can't believe it's this difficult to get a phone activated. Smiley Sad

0 Likes