I can't recieve text messages from some contacts.
HowzitBrah

Bought new iPhone 5s and Verizon Plan yesterday. Had my number transferred from another carrier. Reset my phone, on/off, and everything.

- i'm am not connected to wifi

- i have cellular data - OFF

- In Settings/Messages

*iMessage - On

*Send a SMS - On

*Send & Receive - my telephone number only (did not input my Apple ID)

*MMS Messaging - On

*Group Messaging - On

*Blocked - Empty

* All else option - Off

I have no problems send text messages out. However, I cannot recieve text messages from some contacts (iPhone) but i can recieve it from other contacts (iPhone) and Verizon. I did not have this problem from my iPhone 4 and other carrier.

Please advise.

PS

When i turn-on cellular data. I recieve the message (delayed) from all contacts.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't recieve text messages from some contacts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HowzitBrah,

Sorry to hear you are having these troubles. We definitely want you to be able to message everyone as quickly as possible! If I may, why do you have cellular data off? If you are connected to WiFi then you will not access any data on the cellular network, but you will need this for texting. Since it's working when you turn cellular data on and I would recommend leaving it on.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HowzitBrah

i have the cellular network off because i don't want to use our data allowance and get charge overage fees. our family just signed up for the lowest possible data plan. We actually don't a data plan since we have wifi at home and we wanted to limit our online time.

As i mentioned before today, i had an iPhone 4, another carrier with only voice & text no data plan and always had the cellular data off and everything still worked fine with texting.

Any thoughts?

I just tried my contacts with Samsung and it seems like i can text with them fine.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

With any carrier messaging can take up to a week to be completely ported over.  Usually it happens within 48 hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Howzitbrah,

Thanks for your continued patience.  Are you still experiencing trouble now that it's been a few days since the activation?  Are these delayed messages coming in as iMessages or as SMS?  I would review this complete Apple troubleshooting guide for iMessages;  http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes