I did a restore but now when it tries to activate it says no sim card in phone. yeah Its a CMDA there is no sim card. What can I do?
CQ2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded but want to use my old 4 as a mp3/itouch. I did a restore but now when it tries to activate it says no sim card in phone. yeah Its a CMDA there is no sim card. What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I did a restore but now when it tries to activate it says no sim card in phone. yeah Its a CMDA there is no sim card. What can I do?
CQ2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, you have to call apple. They "open a ticket" and call back the next

day. They have called, but I haven't got home to try the phone yet.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I did a restore but now when it tries to activate it says no sim card in phone. yeah Its a CMDA there is no sim card. What can I do?
Firelovesme

I had the same exact thing happen today. The company store did a reset on an Iphone 4 so it could be reset to give to my daughter. No matter how I reset it still says no sim card. This phone doesn't have a Sim card in it. Is this a wider issue?

0 Likes
CQ2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, you have to call apple. They "open a ticket" and call back the next

day. They have called, but I haven't got home to try the phone yet.

0 Likes
Firelovesme

I talked to an apple tech geek and he thinks there is an issue with the IOS update that thinks a IPhone4 is a IPhone4S. The IPhone4s uses a sim card. I was told I could find an the operating system online and instead of using Apple update use the new file and it should work fine.  Or just go to an Apple store and see if they can do it for me at a price.

0 Likes