I do not understand why verizon insist not treating loyal long term customers as a important as new customers? It is a shame!
lacy1720
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a really old plan.  I have unlimited data and I want to keep my plan that I am happy with.  I do not like even the chance of having overage charges.  In order to get any kinda deal on the Iphone 6 s plus I have to change plans.  This is not a smart way to keep happy long time customers!  I guess I have to start looking at other companies!

Labels (1)
Re: I do not understand why verizon insist not treating loyal long term customers as a important as new customers? It is a shame!
Snn5
Legend

Whether you pay full price for a new phone to keep your data or you pay full price over 24 or less months is still full price, the same for which you could do with a no interest low interest credit card.  And, if you cannot use a credit card then you'd have issues on a device payment plan because it is based on your credit, for which you may need a deposit for anyway.

Re: I do not understand why verizon insist not treating loyal long term customers as a important as new customers? It is a shame!
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

This has been true for a couple of years now so it shouldn't be a surprise. Those of us that want to keep our unlimited data have long ago opted to upgrade at full price. If you generally take good care of your iPhones you can resell them for a really good amount and offset that new iPhone purchase. Often you will end up paying as much as or less than you would if you paid the 2 year contract price when you sell your previous device. I sold my iPhone 5 to get the iPhone 6 last year and I got $450 for it. I sold the iPhone 6 in January because I decided I wanted the bigger iPhone 6 Plus and got over $700 for it. If I decide to sell my current iPhone 6 Plus I'm confident I could get at minimum $600 for it...probably more. I tend to take excellent care of my devices so when I sell them they still look like new with no scratches or damage. That definitely helps. I don't think I would want to go back to subsidized pricing because I enjoy my freedom and my unlimited data.

Weth
Legend

First, Verizon doesn't want you on unlimited data, no matter how long you have been a customer.

Second, you now have options. If you don't want to pay for a new phone all upfront, go to Apple and get the iPhone on their new payment plan and you can upgrade every year, or own the phone after 2 years.

Third, all the companies are shutting down subsidized price contract, so switching doesn't get you anywhere.