I have an iPhone 4 and I just changed the number
cassiefullerton

I have an iPhone 4 and I just changed the number to it yesterday and for some reason I am unable to call or text anyone off of it.. How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have an iPhone 4 and I just changed the number
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you change your number it can take a number of hours for things to work properly. How many hours has it been?

0 Likes
cassiefullerton

It's been over twenty-four hours now.

0 Likes
cassiefullerton

Every time I try to call the number off a different phone it just goes straight to voicemail.. I've tried suspending the services and then reconnecting the services but that didn't work. Would I have to try restarting the phone?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would give it until tomorrow AM and then call or chat with a Verizon rep. You could also check your account online to make sure the proper phone is activated.

0 Likes
cassiefullerton

Well I already know that the correct phone is activated since there's only one on my account, and I don't know the number for Verizon. Would you happen to know it?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

The chat is down toward the bottom, but I think it's closed now.

You can also dial *611 from your cell phone, wait 30 seconds and then select "click to call" which will be grey.

0 Likes
cassiefullerton

Alright. Thank you so  much. Hopefully it'll be working in the morning so I don't have to call or talk to anyone. Haha. Thank you for the help I appreciate it very much.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I know how that is, I 9 out of 10 times use the chat option and have had the most success. Thankfully it's always been small things.

I would like to ask, was it ever working? Are you getting calls and messages you just can't send them out yourself?

0 Likes
cassiefullerton

To be honest I'm not too sure. I'm actually not the one who has it right now, it's my boyfriend who has it with him and he thinks that I shut off the services on it. Before I changed the number, though, yes it was working perfectly fine. I changed the number for personal reasons. And now that I've changed the number I guess it just stopped working or something. He can't call or text anyone, and I don't think he's even receiving my text messages that I've tried sending him and I've been trying to call the number all day long to get a hold of him and it just keeps going straight to voicemail like I had mentioned earlier.

0 Likes