I have an iphone 6 with a personal hotspot on it.
coopermi

I am rarely able to have it appear on my laptop as an available option. However, my husband's Samsung hotspot appears immediately. Both are on the Verizon network. I have tried the simple solutions I found online such as turning it on and off. No luck. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have an iphone 6 with a personal hotspot on it.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sometimes it helps if you go in settings to the personal hotspot option and then try connecting (or do this before turning on your computer). I do this when wanting to connect to my MacBook. With my PC it no longer sees my hotspot every since one of the iOS 8 updates. I haven't updated to iOS 9 yet to see if that resolves the issue. I have just been connecting my iPhone to the PC when I need to use the hotspot (which kinda defeats the idea of a hotspot being wifi but as long as I can use it for Internet connection I don't mind).

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Are you turning it on and off on the iPhone?

You should not leave hotspot on all the time. iPhone will stop broadcasting after a while to save batter.

You should go on the iPhone, go to settings, Turn on the Hotspot, stay on that page. Go to the computer, connect to the hotspot. When you are done, turn the hotspot off on the iPhone.

It is best to be on the Hotspot screen in settings when connecting a device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having trouble staying connected to your mobile hotspot can defeat the whole convenience of being able to connect to data on your pc wirelessly kaebfly. Let's get you connected once and for all. What model iPhone are you using? When did you  update your phone to iOS 8?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I actually don't have an issue with my PC not connecting wirelessly and assume it's a bug with iOS 8 so I plan to see how things go with iOS 9. I'm not the OP btw (I don't know why I keep having reps respond to a thread and believe I'm the one with the issue. I am responding to the person that posted the thread. I imagine it might become frustrating to that person when a rep does respond and they seem to be responding to me and not them).

0 Likes