I have poor cell reception at my house but coverage map shows I should have a strong signal.
haymonster2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

Iphone 5s has worse reception that my wife's iphone 6 but neither are very good.  What options are available to improve the reception?  We already have a Wilson booster set up in our office.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have poor cell reception at my house but coverage map shows I should have a strong signal.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
haymonster2008, thanks for those important clues. Service can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that your home was built with. As a result, no wireless provider can guarantee services inside buildings. For this issue, we recommend the network extender which boosts signal into your home http://vz.to/1i37AzC  Have you ever had decent service in your residence? How's service when you leave your home?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have poor cell reception at my house but coverage map shows I should have a strong signal.
spradlen

I've had this same problem. They will tell you it could be other electronics in your house interfering with your signal. Does your signal improve when you step outside of your house? One thing you could do is call customer service or go to your local store and see if you can get a signal booster to plug into your house.

0 Likes
haymonster2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

Signal does get some better but still is not as good as I feel it should be.  I've had signal issues ever since I upgraded to the 5s.  I have spoken with customer service briefly about the booster but I'm not interested in paying that price for a service I feel I already pay for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
haymonster2008, I want to make sure you're getting stellar service in your area. I would love to look into your area for you. Can you please provide me with the zip code that you are located in that is having issues? Have you been able to reset the network setting in the device? (Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings). This will keep all of your contracts, pictures, and apps on the phone. But, you will need to re-enter your wi-fi passwords after the network settings has been completed. Please keep us posted.   KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
haymonster2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zip code is 76087.  Resetting the network settings does not make a difference when at my house.  I have tried that multiple times.  In fact, I had to call you guys right after I upgraded to the iPhone 5 because of the poor reception everywhere and was walked through how to do the reset.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I live smack dab center XLTE and Verizon told me just a couple days ago that my 3G is awful and 4G is weak.  Told me to find another carrier.  I still dont get that.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Wow...how does that even happen?

Snn5
Legend

I haven't the slightest.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
haymonster2008, thanks for those important clues. Service can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that your home was built with. As a result, no wireless provider can guarantee services inside buildings. For this issue, we recommend the network extender which boosts signal into your home http://vz.to/1i37AzC  Have you ever had decent service in your residence? How's service when you leave your home?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
haymonster2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

The service has never been very good and has only gotten worse since the upgrade. It does get some better outside of my house. I understand the building material argument but only to a certain degree. I could see it if it were a tin roof or metal building but it's not. My work cell phone gets much better service both in and around my house but it's with a competitor service. How is the signal reception rated in my area?