I have the nationwide account level talk and text family plan. If I don't have wifi and I turn my data on, will group messaging count towards my data allowance? I have 2gbs of data.
Ducky_Pt

I have the nationwide account level talk and text family plan. If I don't have wifi and I turn my data on, will group messaging count towards my data allowance? I have 2GB of data and unlimited text.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have the nationwide account level talk and text family plan. If I don't have wifi and I turn my data on, will group messaging count towards my data allowance? I have 2gbs of data.
Tidbits
Legend

Yes if you read the FAQ for texting it'll yell you MMS (picture/video) will count on the text plan and the data used goes towards that and not the data plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have the nationwide account level talk and text family plan. If I don't have wifi and I turn my data on, will group messaging count towards my data allowance? I have 2gbs of data.
Tidbits
Legend

No it comes out of your text package.

0 Likes
Ducky_Pt

Sweet so since I have unlimited texting, then that'll be counted towards my messaging? That's awesome! Thanks bro

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes if you read the FAQ for texting it'll yell you MMS (picture/video) will count on the text plan and the data used goes towards that and not the data plan.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I you do not want to use any data for messaging, turn iMessages off in settings (Settings - Messaging - iMessage switch off).

If you do not turn off iMessages and you are text messaging or group messaging and everyone has iPhones, it will use your data with iMessages instead of your unlimited text messages.