IMEI Wrongly reported stolen
RodrigoM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought an IphoneX from a Verizon store and it is now reported as lost or stolen. I have it right here, and the receipt as well. It's an unlocked phone paid in full.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IMEI Wrongly reported stolen
rcschnoor
Legend

You need to go back to the store or call CS.

Phone Numbers

0 Likes
RodrigoM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not in the US anymore, and the online Verizon chat doesn't work. I have no ideia what to do next.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is this phone still active on a Verizon line of service? Was it ever?

You can contact Verizon from overseas at the following numbers:

Contact us.

While in the US: (800) 711-8300

Traveling outside the US: 1 (908) 559-4899

If your device is lost, stolen or broken, or you experience a device issue while you are traveling outside the US, please use the below instructions to reach the International Support Team from a landline phone:

1. Dial your country’s toll-free number.
  2. Enter your 10-digit mobile number when prompted by the International Hotline.

Untitled-1.jpg

When will you be back in the US? Unfortunately, if you are unable to provide proof to Verizon that you are the rightful owner you are likely out of luck. If you are not planning to return to the US, in the future you should purchase your iPhones unlocked directly from Apple. This would keep Verizon out of this equation along with the added benefit of not having to pay an activation fee.

0 Likes
RodrigoM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know. The seller told me it was ready to use.

When will you be back in the US? Unfortunately, if you are unable to provide proof to Verizon that you are the rightful owner you are likely out of luck

I won't be back anytime soon. The phone was paid in cash and I have a receipt.

Thank you, you've very helpfull.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

RodrigoM wrote:

I don't know. The seller told me it was ready to use.

When will you be back in the US? Unfortunately, if you are unable to provide proof to Verizon that you are the rightful owner you are likely out of luck

I won't be back anytime soon. The phone was paid in cash and I have a receipt.

Thank you, you've very helpfull.

You have a receipt from a 3rd party, not Verizon? You are assuming, of course, the person who sold the phone to you was the rightful owner AND/OR that person did not report the device as stolen after they sold it to you in order to receive an insurance replacement device.

It sounds as if with the receipt you have, you would not likely be able to prove the device is rightfully yours, especially if the original owner of the device was the one who reported it stolen.

RodrigoM
Enthusiast - Level 2

To whom I have to prove I'm the rightful owner? The receipt is from All in One Wireless Las Vegas

rcschnoor
Legend

RodrigoM wrote:

To whom I have to prove I'm the rightful owner? The receipt is from All in One Wireless Las Vegas

To Verizon if they are the ones blocking this device from working because it was reported lost/stolen by the rightful owner.

All In One Wireless is a company which purchases/repairs used phones from people and then resells them. If someone finds and/or steals a phone and then sells it to All In One Wireless who then resells it, simply because you have a receipt from All In One Wireless does not prove they were the rightful owner of the device in order to pass that ownership on to you. Someone who was hard up for cash in Las Vegas may have even sold the phone to All In One Wireless and then reported it stolen in order to get an insurance replacement.

This business has either 1 star or 5 star reviews on Yelp, etc... which would lead me to question whether the 5 star reviews were plants from the owners/employees of the business.

It is doubtful Verizon will take this device out of its lost/stolen database in order for you to activate it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a fully functional device is very important and we do want to make sure that you get the help and information that you need, RodrigoM.  With regard to the device, only the original owner can remove a device off any specific deny list.  If you purchased the device from a 3rd party re-seller, we do recommend reaching out to the re-seller for assistance.  I did send you a Private Message so that we can check into the IMEI for you and provide you with the best options. 

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

bigal6
Enthusiast - Level 1

CS can do anything about if if it was not reported stolen through verizon. i have the same problem but CS said...sorry.

0 Likes