IPhone 5 problem with texts after update
edavis4440

I cannot send or receive text messages on my Iphone 5. I can see them when they are received but if I try to open them they disappear. Can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 5 problem with texts after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edavis4440,

That's very odd! Let's make sure we get your messaging functioning again. What occurs when you're trying to send a message? Are you receiving an error message? Have you tried both iMessaging and standard SMS?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
edavis4440

Nothing happens when trying to send a message. He's tried both IMessage and standard SMS. He updated the operating system and that's when this started. This phone is used by my 18 year old and he has just moved to college in a small town in western NC with no car. As you know, texting is the primary form of communication for his age group. He plays a sport and there will be group messages for events that occur with no other notice. It is imperative we get his phone fixed or replaced. We have equipment coverage. He has been in touch with Verizon Help desk yesterday and tried what they suggested to no avail. I have added him as an authorized account manager. Classes start tomorrow. HELP!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Texting is most definitely important to an 18 year old. We want to make sure your son is back up and running edavis4440. After he updated the software, did he make sure all his apps were up to date as well? Are calls and data working on his phone? Is he using a third party app for the messaging or is he using the standard app on the phone?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes