IPhone 5s pictures after reset.
aryfrosty

My phone locked up in reset mode. I connected it to my laptop and went to iTunes and restored it. Once I pulled everything from the computer and iCloud it has ALL of my pictures from my laptop. I don't need them on my phone but I cannot find any way to delete any of them. Anyone suggest how to delete pics? I have iOS 9.1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 5s pictures after reset.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aryfrosty, let's unlock that device. Have you tried disabling iCloud on your device? This will stop the syncing of your photos. Tap Settings>iCloud>tap the e-mail address for the iCloud account to disable it.

VZWLasinaHnaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aryfrosty

I did turn off iCloud after I saw it was bring pics from my laptop but they're there now...I tried to get some screen shots I no longer need deleted and it won't give me a link or tab to delete anything.

Sent from my smarter than iPhone

Alan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aryfrosty, let's clean things up a bit. You have the option of manually deleting any unwanted photos in your gallery or your can completely reset your device. Please be advised that choosing the option to reset your phone will delete all information and settings on your phone in Settings>Reset.

LasinaHVZWHHHHHHHHH_VZW
FoVZWw us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aryfrosty

The reason I'm having trouble is that I just did a complete reset via iTunes and when I loaded from iCloud ALL pictures came from my laptop and I don't need them. There is no provision to delete individual screen shots or photos. I turned off iCloud because it was taking over my phone completely but I need to put my photos back on the cloud or delete them from my phone.

Sent from my smarter than iPhone

Alan

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could it be possible that iTunes synced these photos after the restore? It wouldn't hurt to connect the phone up to iTunes, or use Wi-FI sync, and uncheck the Photos sync button under the device settings. Just make sure you have a copy of these photos backed up someplace safe, in the event iTunes does something lame. Most of the time you have nothing to worry about - it'll just remove pre-existing photos living on the PC from the phone.

0 Likes