IPhone 5s
Mandy74

Hi I have a iPhone 5s unlock I put my sim from verizon and I don't get call service but I get tex messenger and Internet ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone 5s
Weth
Legend

Your phone has the right LTE frequencies so you get internet and iMessages, event texts since these go over LTE now. However, the phone does not have CDMA which is required for voice service.

You will have all kinds of problems since the phone is not really compatible. It is not worth it, based on what I have heard of others that have tried this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What carrier was the iPhone 5S on before?

For the iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, and 4, it must be a Verizon branded iPhone to have the proper frequencies and CDMA support to work. Any other iPhone that was designed for a different carrier will not work.

Things are different for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. We still are not sure with the 6S and 6S Plus as one model does not appear to have CDMA radio.

0 Likes
Mandy74

AT&T phone

0 Likes
Mandy74

How do you no if you have that frequencies because I get lte and tex messenger

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can look on the Apple website to see the frequencies for all of the supported carriers. http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone5s

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Click on Tech Specs on the side bar of that link. Realized the link didn't take you directly to that info because it's a pop up

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Your phone has the right LTE frequencies so you get internet and iMessages, event texts since these go over LTE now. However, the phone does not have CDMA which is required for voice service.

You will have all kinds of problems since the phone is not really compatible. It is not worth it, based on what I have heard of others that have tried this.

0 Likes