If I paid $482.65 total on 05-08-2015 as a down payment .....
garynoe1

If I paid $482.65 total on 05-08-2015 as a down payment on (2) I-phone 6's, then why am I paying $27 a month x2 for 24 months, which totals $1296?? This is more than the cost of both phones.  Also, when I signed on, I was positive that I was getting the "Edge" plan, which would have made my remaining payments on the 2 I-phones $25 each for 24 months, instead of $40.  Who's trying to rob me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I paid $482.65 total on 05-08-2015 as a down payment .....
Weth
Legend

What does the receipt say? How much is that a tax payment?  Some states make you pay entire tax upfront.  Did you get any accessories or anything that was supposedly free?  

Re: If I paid $482.65 total on 05-08-2015 as a down payment .....
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The Edge payment for an iPhone 6 is $27.08 a month.

Did you just start a new contract with Verizon or you've been a customer and wanted to resign with them?

Of that $482.65, depending on your state, I'd guess that around $115 of that is to cover the taxes on the phone which are calculated on the FULL cost of the phone when you sign up for Edge. That is of course not the case if you live in one of the 5 states that does not have sales tax.

Without seeing your actual bill it's hard to figure out what's happening.

Here is an idea of what your monthly bill will look like: What data plan do you have?

$xx.xx - Cost of the data plan (6GB is $70.00 a month and saves you $25 on the line access fee when you do an edge plan. If you have a smaller GB package then it only saves you $15 on the line access fee; regularly $40.)

$27.08 Edge Payment for iPhone

$27.08 Edge Payment for iPhone

$15 Line Access Fee (Assuming you have 6GB of data or higher)

$15 Line Access Fee (Assuming you have 6GB of data or higher)

What all did you buy when you were at the store? Accessories? What is the breakdown of the bill?

0 Likes