If I take my sim out and put it in a iPhone 5 just to turn it on, can I put it back in my phone?
Alleycat97
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I take my sim out, and put it in a iPhone 5 just to turn it on, can I put my sim back in my phone?
koolmexdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, you can. No harm done to you SIM card nor to your plan. I believe that your phone company's automated system will think that you switched phones, but it will register your original original phone back again when you switch the SIM card back.

The reason for all this that this guy is doing, for all you guys that don't know, is because iPhones require a SIM card to "set up."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I take my sim out, and put it in a iPhone 5 just to turn it on, can I put my sim back in my phone?
Tidbits
Legend

Yes you can.

0 Likes
Alleycat97

so it won't mess with my service on my phone? they are both verizon phones, but my sister doesn't buy a card for hers. so she can't factory reset it without a sim, and when she did it wont turn on without sim activation

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It is fine you can swap the sims.

0 Likes
Alleycat97

Okay Thank you. I'm not wanting to use it in the iPhone 5, Just need to turn her phone on. Then replace it back into my phone

0 Likes
koolmexdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, you can. No harm done to you SIM card nor to your plan. I believe that your phone company's automated system will think that you switched phones, but it will register your original original phone back again when you switch the SIM card back.

The reason for all this that this guy is doing, for all you guys that don't know, is because iPhones require a SIM card to "set up."

0 Likes